The YEP Malta Research Project – Spreading YEP in schools
The YEP Malta two year Research Project has just gone through its 3rd phase. The project that commenced last November 2018 is being held in conjunction with the MEDE through Maria Regina College, the YiXue Bildungszentrum Germany, the YiXue Malta Association and the Department of Counselling and Social Wellbeing of the University of Malta. The first seminar was an introduction by Wei Ling Yi and his teaching team of the YEP method to student and teaching stuff of Year 1 and 2 at the Gharghur Primary School.
The second seminar held in March 2019 included also the parents of these classes. The July 2019 seminar was purposely aimed at educators after school finished. The participation of 88 attendees was very positive and soon a research report on this seminar will be issued separately. As a result of this seminar teachers requested that we meet up regularly so they will be able to practise and experience more benefits for themselves and so we are meeting for practise every week. The outcome of all these seminars is best summarised by the Head of School of Gharghur in a note she sent when the seminar was over and another note received from one of the teacher participants of the course.
Ms Ben Portelli – Head Of School Gharghur
I wish to thank Master Wei Ling Yi who offered this enlightening experience to our school community. Also, I thank Mr Decelis for gifting Gharghur School with this opportunity towards self-wellness and serenity. This leads me to extend my gratitude to MEDE too. May all primary schools have the opportunity of receiving and above all, embracing the enriching skills which we received till now. We are lucky to have received so much already.
The next steps:
I feel it is my responsibility to instil at school the culture of daily exercises not only with year 1 and year 2 students but further. I will work on this myself during morning assemblies and alternate between physical exercises (already the school’s culture) and YiXue relaxation exercises. I wish we could start off our monthly COHs (Council of Heads of schools) with the relaxing position for a few minutes. Indeed this experience will nourish a climate of joy and perseverance to help us flow through the breezes and winds of a school day and family day. With whole-hearted gratitude, The Gharghur School Community
Ms JZ, Teacher, participant of the YEP Course for Educators, July 2019
Having previously followed two YIXUE courses, I was very interested to inform myself and be able to attend the YEP course as a teacher and to learn how I can use the knowledge gained in a way that my students could benefit fully from it. Thank you for this precious opportunity. Some points that really seem to hit home were:
- Humans need to connect with nature.
- The importance to teach YiXue wisdom, Life Science information, from a very young age to students.
- Life Science = Life Information = Laws of Nature = Laws of health = Laws of life = Health and its information.
- A smile is one of the most important tools that a teacher needs to reach out to his/her students.
- A good teacher = good students = cultivation of a good, compassionate heart. Always remember that no matter what we go through in life, it is always in passing.
- There are no failures in life…
- We correct, we delete and we learn from our mistakes.
- When something goes wrong and we are unbalanced, we need to regain balance in ourselves and then everything will settle into place again.
- Dynamic life force can be blocked because the meridian channels in our body systems are blocked and the QI energy cannot flow evenly.
- We need to raise our dynamic life force.
- When tired, do not reach out for another coffee (which keeps one alert for some time only), instead, we stand up, feet, shoulder width apart, and start with the Standing exercise. This way we will re-boost our energy levels. We need to do some of the YiXue practises every day, and master the technique before introducing it to our students. We should do this with our students step by step, starting with mastering small actions with the students, till they can complete the whole series in the weeks and months to follow.
- Believing is the power to success.
- The proper storage area for the QI is in the lower abdomen, not in the head area or chest area.
- If students believe in their teacher, then success is ensured. STILLNESS IN OUR LIVES IS VERY IMPORTANT.
- Life science needs to be incorporated into our education system.